Thursday, April 16, 2009

Portfolio

So, I personally am having a difficult time dissecting and separating all the different "Thomas More"s we are being inundated with. There is the Thomas More from Utopia and that is actually seperated into the author and the character. Then of course there is the Thomas More from the play in cultural history...and then, well then there are the Thomas More's that I am familiar with from previous study (and well, entertainment).

In the following clip, Jeremy Northam, the actor who plays Thomas More in the Showtime series, "The Tudors" discusses Thomas More:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i43WPofCPh8&feature=related

Ok and this link is to another Tudor's clip...I almost PEED MY PANTS, so so emo:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FdO7FxvMlu8

*Just in case you are not familiar, Jeremy Northam is Thomas More and Jonathan Rhys Meyers is Henry VIII

I am at this point not quite sure which to believe. I assume that the Thomas More from Utopia is the most truthful because it was written by the man himself, but yet I also feel at that point that Thomas More wasn't even quite sure who Thomas More was...then of course More is a saint, and I can't forget nor deny my view of him in that sense...oh, goodness

2 comments:

  1. I like Jeremy Northam as an actor and I think that he makes a good More. I have only seen a little bit of the series on HBO because that was all I could take. It will be interesting to see some clips next class.

    The behind the scenes youtube video was interesting...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I think I have a new idea for discussion tomorrow....

    ReplyDelete